Rider safety is always important, which is why we always encourage you to clean and disinfect your inflatables after every use. Cleaning and disinfecting is an important step in maintaining the overall quality of your inflatable bounce house. Here are a few steps on how to clean and disinfect your inflatable bounce house.
1) You will need the following tools; a shop vacuum, clean rags, cleaning solution, disinfectant, and a slide lubricant. Use whatever brand of cleaning solution and disinfectant you like, but be sure it is safe to use on inflatables.
2) Roll out your inflatable and inflate. If the inflatable was wet, allow it to air dry so that there is no remaining water. You never want to store inflatable with water inside because it will create mold.
3) Start by vacuuming debris and dirt from the inside. Make sure to get all the corners of the inflatable where any debris might have fallen.
4) Next, use a cleaning solution, thoroughly clean the entire inflatable inside and out with the clean rags.
5) Now, use a disinfectant spray to sanitize the entire inflatable. Allow disinfectants to sit for some time. Read the product label for the correct concentration to use, application method, and contact time.
6) If your inflatable consists of a slide, use slide lubricant to keep the surface slippery. (Note, although the slide lubricant may help, slide linings will eventually need to be replaced)
7) Once the inflatable has completely dried, roll up and store.
After your inflatable is ready and clean to use for your next rental or use.
Check out some of our recommended cleaning solution products safe to use for commercial inflatables. The included products on the page are only suggestions for our customers.
Read more of our how-to blog posts here.